Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Jerky Turkey

Below is a recent conversation between my mother and I , as we try to extricate a bag of gravy from a slightly frozen turkey breast.


Mom: Man!! This bag just won't come out!

Me: Maybe it should have thawed out longer?

Mom: Yeah ............. grrrrrrrrrrr (pulling on gravy bag)

Me: How bout we run hot water inside and try to loosen the gravy bag?

Mom: Nah I don't want to do that!

Me: (silently watching my mother as she grunts and pulls and tugs on the gravy bag)

Mom: Let me try that hot water.

Me: (.........Moments after the hot water treatment has commenced) Ready to try again?

Mom: Let's try it.............. Nope it's not budging!!!

Me: You grab the turkey and I will pull the bag.

Mom: ( silently trying to get a grip on the slippery turkey ....... it's slipping, it's slipping , ooooh wait she has it!!)

Me: HOLD IT MOM HOLD IT!!! I GOT IT, COME ON PULL!!!

Mom: I AM!!!!

Me: COME ON MOM YANK IT !!! REALLY YANK IT!!

Mom: (silently musters all her strength and digs into that bird , clamping down hard)

Me: ( pulling on the gravy bag as if  I were playing extreme tug of war)

Turkey: POP!!! (out comes the gravy bag)

Mom and I : ( tears of joy ,cry's of happiness, and whoops of victory)

Me: Who knew a turkey could give you this much of a workout!!!


The turkey smells delicious and is almost done cooking, and later today after consuming said turkey we will be in a sleepy turkey induced state of mind. Of course we asked my dad if he would be eating the turkey and he said " What! I don't want no Jerky Turkey".

No comments:

Post a Comment