Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Lasting Purpose

Those of you who are reading this and have a wonderful place to call home, understand that after a long trip you get tired of traveling and want to get back home to your own space. I have a home that moves with me everywhere, and wherever he is that is where I call home. My husband is here to stay even though states, jobs, and temporary homes may pass by so quickly. And again we are facing yet another job layoff in a few weeks ,but I am sure that God will provide us another job and another 'home", but that doesn't stop the ache of leaving another church family and the longing to have a space of our own again. Sometimes I wonder how long I can go on moving from place to place like this, and then the Lord quickly reminds me that this world was not His home , He traveled many  a place and did not call one place his own, He sacrificed everything for the ones he loved, and His temporary home was not filled with love for Him. There is so much more that I should be thankful for instead of feeling sorry for myself . One of my favorite verses in the Bible is Psalms 68:19 "Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation . Selah". One of our ladies Bible study topics last night was "Fulfilling our Purpose". What is my purpose? What is yours? I will tell you what it is not, it is not a high paying job, a perfect dream home, a top of the line car, or a fatty retirement. God tells us our purpose is to bear fruit in (John 15:1-8) he also tells us that age doesn't matter, young or old we are never finished with His command (Psalm 92:13-14). So are you fulfilling your purpose with the right spirit ? (Gal 5:22-23)

No comments:

Post a Comment